Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things

RULES: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you. If you've already done it, then ignore this, obviously.

(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs (+) on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)


1. I feel secretly cool when I am able to talk in airline jargon and someone with me doesn't get it. Wow, I can't believe I actually admitted that.

2. I read my favorite book, Secret Sacrament, once a year.

3. When I'm at a red light I like to watch car blinkers slowly come into sync with one another and then will them to go out of sync again.

4. On the plane I often speak in a British accent and when people ask me where I'm from, I make up a story about moving to America from London when I was 14 and that my parents owned a watch shop and that's how we made our fortune, etc...and when they say "Really?" I revert to an incredibly hick accent and say, "No, I'm from GA."

5. I always buy cute heels but then I never wear them again because they hurt my feet.

6. I'm a thesaurus whore - I HATE using the same word twice within a short amount of time.

7. Sometimes I get lost on purpose so I can find a new way home. And then I feel really cool when I say, "OH!! THIS is where that road comes out!"

8. When I feel down or sad I love watching heart-wrenching movies so I can cry really hard and then I always feel better.

9. "That's what she said" jokes always make me laugh. Always.

10. I try really hard not to step on sidewalk cracks.

11. I HATE when people throw a piece of trash into a brand new trash bag. Don't ask me why.

12. When I write anything that is going to be posted as a blog I MUST write it out on a piece of paper first, preferrably in a bound notebook, and then after my revisions have been made so that it is almost illegible, I type it out on the computer.

13. The only reason I want children is so I can name them cool names. Which, I understand that this is bad reason, so therefore, I'm not having any children.

14. When I feel like I'm getting a stomach virus I constantly tell myself, "You're not going to throw up, you're not going to throw up." And then it becomes a game to see if I can actually refrain from throwing up, lol.

15. Once I ran away to the pond behind my house and prayed that I would get bitten by a water moccasin so my mom would feel bad about getting mad at me.

16. Sometimes I can't watch the Travel Channel b/c I get a lump in my throat from the ache I have to visit those places.

17. I actually REALLY REALLY like Britney Spears' Womanizer music video.

18. I used to rub the tops of my mom's fingernails when I was feeling scared as a kid and it always helped calm me down.

19. I feel empowered when I ask a man out.

20. My cat is a freak and hasn't grown physically past kitten stage - she is a year old.

21. I wish I had been born in 1985 b/c then my birthday would be in the middle of the year, in the middle of the month, in the middle of the decade - 6/15/85

22. I have over 1000 songs on my ipod but I can never find anything to listen to.

23. I love the fact that my dreams are so vivid and real. I feel like I have a magical power.

24. If past lives were real then I surely was an Indian princess at one time (India Indian, lol).

25. I always make a wish when I blow away the puff of a dandelion.

No comments: